Friday, May 14, 2010

I love car chats on the way to school!
Jav sitting in the backseat... just spewing out his thoughts about life.

Yesterday, en route to Mary's, this was the convo (mostly one-sided, mind you):
"Mommy, turn on the windshield wipers. We need them because it's raining."
"OK Buddy, they're actually on, they're just on intermittently."
"Oh, they're on enter-mittens-ly?"
=)
{wiper swoosh} :: "Thank you, Mommy!"............
{wiper swoosh} :: "Thank you, Mommy!"............
{wiper swoosh} :: "Thank you, Mommy!"............

"Hey Mommy, did you know that rain mixed with dirt makes MUD... I love to play in the mud... only you shouldn't wear your tennis shoes in the mud... you know what shoes are great for the mud Mommy? Crocs are great for the mud!"

~he stops for a breath~
~I'm just listening & loving it!~

"You know Joshua & Jacob? Those boys at my church? Those big boys?"
" Uh-huh.."
"They love to play in the giant mud puddles! Those giant mud puddles at my church... They love to put sticks in them! I love to play in giant mud puddles too! Those boys are just kids, right Mommy? Like me, I am a kid. Joshua & Jacob & me are kids who love to play in the mud!"
"So you like the rain, Jav?"
"Oh, I love the rain! because God lets the rain make mud!"

Lord, please help me remember these moments as my boy grows up. Continue to put boys & men in his life who will show him what it means to be a man who loves life and who loves Jesus.
And help me remember when I'm cleaning up the mud how much my Javi loves that mud. And how that's the only thing that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment