Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Schooled again by the Javster...
This morning while we were getting ready for school, Javik was telling me all about a book he just read about the Gila Monster.  After a slew of facts:
 "Mom, did you know that the Gila Monster has a venomous bite?"
"Oh really?"  I asked.
"Can you tell me what venomous means?"
"Um, it contains venom?"  I thought I'd see what he knew ;)
"Mom!  Did you hear me say venomous?  It obviously has venom... you can't explain a word by using the same word."  (Wow!  Way to go 1st Grade)
"Oh, OK... then I'm going to guess... it contains poison?"
"YES!!  You are correct!"  :)

I seriously love this kid's "creature quizzes"  and I'm not going to lie... I've learned a lot! lol

And he's an equal-opportunity schooler...
Z is obsessed with seeing farm animals on our ride to and from school.  Obsessed.  Like she wants to see "tows" and "dotes" and "dontees" at every turn.
This morning, after numerous requests for animals (along a stretch of highway that is nothing but corn fields) I said "Zailey, there aren't any animals here"
Jav felt like that was his cue to help out... "Yeah, Zailey... what do you think we are?  Producers of farm animals?!"

I can't wait for the years to come... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment