Thursday, August 12, 2010

Last night, Javik and I were journeying home from a roadtrip south...
we stopped to refuel and this was the convo:
"Um, Mommy. I'd like to watch a movie."
"OK....pick a movie any movie" as I fanned them before his eyes. "You can watch Cars, Robots, or Cat in the Hat."
so Jav kicked back in his seat, put his hands behind his head, and proceeded to 'order'... "OK. I'll take a large, sweet movie called Cat in the Hat!"
WOW.


And this morning I learned the importance of using correct grammar with a 3 yr old.
Again, in the car, (we're in the car a lot) I handed him a bag containing his power rangers and said "here, you can play with these too"
he said "yes I can"
I said "yeah, that's what I said, you CAN"
"no, you said I can't..."
Couple Things:
1. if he were anyone's child but my own, he probably wouldn't even have been arguing with me about what I said (or didn't say)
2. if I had only been grammatically correct, "here, you may play with these as well," no problems.
Save yourselves the hassle people, use correct grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment