Sunday, September 12, 2010

One morning last week Javik emerged from his room, dressed and ready to go... wearing his swimming trunks. [and a matching shirt btw]
Whatever. Most mornings as long as he's dressed and in the car when it's time to leave, we're golden.
So we walked into Mary's and she said "Jav, are you wearing your swimming trunks?!"
He said "Yep!"
I explained to Mary that I was not involved in the getting-ready-process, so we were just going with it. Apparently this conversation gave Jav the impression that we were laughing at him [vs with him]... because he gave me one heck of a look.
So I tried to recover with "...and you look fantastic!"
with every ounce of gusto he could muster, he declared "I DO NOT. LOOK. FANTASTIC! I. LOOK. RIDICULOUS!" [I lol'd for a long time!]
but I didn't want him to feel bad about his choice of apparel, so I tried again, "No, you do look fantastic! And they match your shirt! You look great!"

then came his justification... "Well... it is aposed to rain today." =]

No comments:

Post a Comment