Sunday, September 12, 2010

Today was full of Javisms...

starting with this morning. Jav went to a friend's house last night and fell asleep there. so when he woke up this morning he wanted to make sure we'd remembered all of his stuff. so he asked me where his sleeping bag was. i told him i put it in his room.
he walked in. looked at it. and asked "was this in here all night long?!"
i said "yep"
he said "oh, for goodness sakes!"

then the Javster and I attended the birthday party of his "girlfriend" Alexis. it was a roller skating party. at first he wasn't really sold on the idea of getting out there on the floor with all of those other, fast skating, kiddos. but he eventually got the hang of it. and every time he went around the rink he'd yell at me "I'm pretty great at this! Don'tcha think?!"
yep. i do.

then after the party we had to stop at the store that, hands down, gets the bulk of our money... WalMart. Whilst inside Javik had to go to the bathroom. Naturally. If he thinks there might be a bathroom nearby, his body starts a-talkin.
so we went into the bathroom. there were a few other ladies in there, who unfortunately had to overhear this conversation:
Jav - Mommy, where are the flushers on these toilets?
Me - Dude, they flush themselves.
Jav - these toilets flush themselves?! I've got a BAD feeling about this!!
[I could hear those ladies giggling from their stalls...]

then tonight he pipes up with "I CAN'T SEE MY FACE!" in a very panicky voice. Cole informed him that no one can see their own face. Jav responded with "well I can see your guys' faces. just not mine." Cole again tried to reassure him that this was normal. It was like Jav was worried that his face had gone somewhere...
which was confirmed when he gave us this little nugget of wisdom : "It's just my style to keep my face close by me!"

well said Jav, well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment